June 26, 2012

A Dress.

 This weekend was an absolute blast and a wonderful experience. We're at my father's parent's place now and unfortunately our visit here is already coming to an end. I have so much to write about this little town. It's absolutely beautiful and its people amazing and warm.

 But tonight I want to show you a certain dress. A dress that holds memories and dreams. A dress from the 70's. More specifically, my Aunt Lou's wedding dress. After all these years, her dress has been carefully kept in a trunk full of belongings from another time, another era. A dress that marked an end to life as it was and the beginning to a life richer and even more beautiful.

 In 1979 my Aunt Lou and Uncle Joe were married. 


 Today ... 
I might have had look...



And then a little more than a look...



And Victor might have gotten in the way. ...





And it might just twirl ... 



And have angel sleeves... 


It's a lovely dress with petticoats and gloves and everything. It's lace, it twirls, it's beautiful. This afternoon had hours dedicated to reminiscing years gone by and photo viewing as well as much much eating. It was a delicious couple of hours. 

After 33 years, she still has the dress. After 33 years, she still has the man too! They've lived happily ever after so far, here's to many more years to go ... !




12 Wonderful people made my day!:

  1. I love that dress! Beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress and gorgeous girl in the dress! How fun you looked back on memories and made some of your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress made more lovely by you. I wonder, though, if your mom's heart didn't skip a beat to see you in it. It would if you were my daughter.
    And, congratulations to your aunt and uncle! That's a wonderful milestone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to her, it did. :)

      She said she was biting her tongue to not tell her little girl to get out of that wedding dress. ..:)

      Delete
  4. Wow. Simply a beautiful dress, and it looks like you had a wonderful afternoon. Family moments like these will always be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so beautiful in this dress! I love dress-up! The dress reminds me a little too of my first communion dress with that type of lace and the angle sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lace and angel sleeves. Sounds lovely. :)

      Delete
  6. I love that you tried your Aunt's dress on and gave it a whirl! It's beautiful (and I LOVE those very sheer gloves). I think "What I Wore" bloggers should try that un-selfconcious twirl you did in some of their photos, it's a great way to really understand a dress! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffanie! I love the gloves too!

      Delete

Want to make my day? Leave a Comment!

Web Analytics